The following is a list of the largest countries by area in the world which includes some pretty big places from Russia at number 1 all the way down to Algeria at number 10.
10 Largest Countries In The World
1. Russia – Largest country in the world by far with a size of 17,098,242 square km (6,601,668 square mi).
2. Canada – Second largest in the world and largest in the Americas with 9,984,670 square km (3,855,100 sq ml). It is also the country with the most water in the world (8.93% of it’s total size is water).
3. China – Third in the world and the largest in Asia: 9,706,961 sq km (3,747,879 sq mi).
4. United States – Fourth largest in the world: 9,629,091 sq km (3,717,813 sq mi). It is only slightly smaller than China.
5. Brazil – 5th largest in the world and the largest country in South America and in the Southern Hemisphere: 8,514,877 sq km (3,287,612 sq mi). Brazil is home to the Amazon River which is one of the longest rivers in the world.
6. Australia – 6th largest in the world and the largest country in Oceania, as well as the largest country without land borders: 7,692,024 sq km (2,969,907 sq mi). Australia is also one of the countries with the Longest Coastlines in the World.
7. India – 7th largest in the world but less than half the size of Australia: 3,166,414 sq km (1,222,559 sq mi).
8. Argentina – 8th in the world with a size of 2,780,400 sq km (1,073,500 sq mi). For a complete list of the 10 Best Attractions in Argentina, please check out this list.
9. Kazakhstan – In the 9th place and just slightly smaller than Argentina: 2,724,900 sq km (1,052,100 sq mi).
10. Algeria – 10th largest in the world but the largest country in Africa: 2,381,741 sq km (919,595 sq mi).
If you liked this post, you may want to check out our article on the 10 Countries with the Largest Water Area.