Living a vegan life is healthy, and it also benefits the environment. However, are you familiar with the interesting facts of this trending lifestyle? Some might astonish you! These facts may persuade you and stay vegan all the way.
1. Up to 80% of food poisoning cases are linked to infected meat.
2. A population of 1.3 billion would benefit from the grain that is fed to the livestock for the production of meat.
3. By refraining from meat consumption, you are auxiliary in relieving the problems of pollution with which 20% of it is man-made which comes from the meat sector.
4. Wheat is eco-friendly, and perhaps you have heard already that producing meat needs a vast amount of water. To produce a pound of meat, you’ll be needing 2500 gallons of water. However, only 25 gallons of water are necessary to produce a pound of wheat.
5. Information about vegans being healthier is not based on myth. As stated by the ADA or American Dietetic Association, a vegetarian diet or a vegan shows a less chance of prostate or colon cancer, lower blood pressure, cholesterol, and lowered rate of IHD or Ischemic Heart Disease.
6. There are 500,000 animals slain every hour in the US.
7. You are contributing to saving the forests just by being a vegetarian. There is deforestation so they could use it for crops to produce a meat-based diet. If one person stays vegan, they will save an entire acreage every year.
8. In contrast to the common belief, plenty of supermarket products are vegan. It includes processed foods such as dark chocolates and Oreos, which do not include real dairy. One best tip when shopping, cholesterol-free products are usually vegan because bad cholesterol comes only through animal products.
9. People consume a lot of antibiotics for healing (In the United States only, approximately 3 million pounds yearly) but animals are supplied more. Animals are being fed about 17.8 million pounds in a year, but this number can be lesser than what was being provided to them.
10. Vegan foods usually are low in calories because they lack unhealthy fats.