Have you ever sat in a small crowded airplane chair and just prayed the flight will end soon? Have you ever wondered what’s the longest flight in the world? Here’s a list of the 10 longest commercial flights in the world, according to flight distance. The flight duration of all of these flights are over 16 hours long!
1. From Sydney to Dallas/Fort Worth by Qantas: 13,804 km (8,578 mi) with a Boeing 747. This flight makes the longest distance in the world in 15:25 hours
2. From Johannesburg to Atlanta by Delta: 13,582 km (8,439 mi) with a Boeing 777. This flight is a bit shorter by distance, but it has the longest duration in the world at 16:55 hours!
3. From Dubai to Los-Angeles by Emirates: 13,420 km (8,339 mi) with Airbus A380-800. This flight duration is 16:35 hours. This is also the longest Airbus flight in the world and the only Airbus flight in this list
4. From Dallas/Fort Worth to Brisbane, Australia by Qantas: 13,363 km (8,303 mi). This flight is also carried by a Boeing 747. Flight duration is exactly 16 hours
5. From Dubai to Houston by Emirates: 13,144 km (8,168 mi). This flight is carried out by a Boeing 777 and takes 16 hours and 20 minutes
6. From Dubai to San Francisco by Emirates: 13,041 km (8,103 mi). Also using Boeing 777, this flight is 16 hours long
7. From New York to Hong Kong by Cathay Pacific: 12,990 km (8,072 mi). This is the longest flight Cathay Pacific offers. It is part of the permanent schedule since 2004 and carried out by a Boeing 777
8. From Newark to Hong Kong by United Airlines: 12,980 km (8,065 mi) over 15:50 hours. This flight using Boeing 777 is the oldest flight in this list, having been around since 2001
9. From Doha to Houston by Qatar Airways: 12,951 km (8,047 mi): 16:20 hours with Boeing 777
10. From Dubai to Dallas/Fort Worth by Emirates: 12,940 km (8,040 mi): 16:20 hours with Boeing 777