1. Arctica Islandica (Ocean quahog) – this is a species of edible clam. It has a life span of 405 – 410 years and there were reports of a maximum age of 507 years!
3. Eels – Thought to have a life span of over 150 years
5. Galápagos giant tortoise – life span of 190 years. People come from all over the world to watch these magnificent creatures in the Galapagos Islands
6. Greenland Sharks – The Greenland Shark is a species of shark native to the North Atlantic. It is believed to have a life span of over 200 years
7.Koi – The Koi fish has a life span of over 200 years. This Japanese species of fish is a domesticated common carp that is kept for decorative purposes in outdoor koi ponds or water gardens
8. Macaws – Macaws are long-tailed, often colourful parrots, that can live up to 80 – 100 years in captivity
9. Asian elephants - The Asian Elephant is known to have reached a maximum life span of about 86 years
10. Horses – Depending on breed, management and environment, the modern domestic horse has a life expectancy of 25 to 30 years. Uncommonly, a few animals live into their 40s and, occasionally, beyond. The oldest verifiable record was “Old Billy”, a 19th-century horse that lived to the age of 62