The following is a list of the world’s busiest airports by passenger traffic. It is measured by the total number of passengers passing through the airport – either as arrivals, departures or transit passengers. This list was calculated according to the 2012 statistics, but the list remains more or less similar throughout the years.
Busiest Airports In The World: Beijing Capital International Airport
3. London Heathrow Airport, London, United Kingdom – 70,038,857 passengers.
Busiest airport in Europe. London Heathrow is in the third place, but if you combine the passenger traffic of all the airports in a city, then London is at the first place as the world’s busiest city airport system
Busiest Airports In The World: London Heathrow Airport
4. Tokyo International Airport, Tokyo, Japan – 67,788,722 passengers
Busiest Airports In The World: Tokyo International Airport
5. O’Hare International Airport, Chicago, United States – 67,091,391 passengers
Busiest Airports In The World: O’Hare International Airport, Chicago
6. Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles, United States – 63,687,544 passengers
Busiest Airports In The World: LAX – Los Angeles International Airport
7. Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris, France – 61,611,934 passengers
Busiest Airports In The World: Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
8. Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, Dallas, United States – 58,591,842 passengers
Busiest Airports In The World: Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
9. Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, Tangerang, Indonesia – 57,730,732 passengers
Busiest Airports In The World: Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
10. Dubai International Airport, Dubai, United Arab Emirates – 57,684,550 passengers
Busiest Airports In The World: Dubai International Airport
1 CommentLeave a comment
The global economic downturn has slowed growth at major airports in the US and Europe, paving the way for more Asian and Middle Eastern airports to break into the top ten for passenger traffic levels. Worldwide passenger traffic is experiencing slow but steady growth amid tough economic conditions, although the economic downturn could prompt a gradual transformation in the rankings of the world’s busiest airports. These airport have awesome interiors, stores for shopping.