The following is a list of 10 island countries you should definitely consider visiting. An island country is a country that is located on one main island. Meaning, the entire island belongs to a single country and the island is the only or main territory of the country
1. Australia – Either a huge island or a small continent – Australia is the 6th largest country in the world and a great tourists destination
Check Out Our Free Videos
2. Iceland – The land of fire and ice is the destination for more and more tourists each year. Read here the list of 10 best attractions in Iceland
3. Singapore – This city-country (and island) with its beautiful skyline is a great destination for your holiday. But beware – Singapore is also one of the most expensive cities in the world
4. Taiwan – This small island off the shores of China is a great destination in the east. The capital city Taipei receives the majority of the tourism with it’s most famous attraction – the fourth tallest building in the world – Taipei 101
5. Ireland – Tough not exactly one country on one island, the Irish people on Ireland island are separated to the two countries of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. Both countries are beautiful and green and definitely worth a visit! Click here for a list of the best attractions in Dublin, or here for the best attractions in the Republic of Ireland
6. Cuba – With it’s beautiful beaches and classic capital city of Havana that will make you feel like you’re back in the sixties – the small island of Cuba is worth a visit
7. Jamaica -This island country is located in the Caribbean Sea, about 145 km (90 mi) south of Cuba. The island with it’s almost 3 million residents make a great holiday destination: great sand beaches, wonderful atmosphere and warm temperatures. What else do you need?
8. Madagascar – The fourth largest island in the world, located off the eastern coast of southern Africa. Madagascar is heaven to nature and wildlife lovers!
9. Sri Lanka – Sri Lanka is an island country situated in the northern Indian Ocean, just off the southern coast of the India. If you like Asia and interested in nature scenes and other cultures – Sri Lanka could be the destination for you
10. Barbados – The island country of Barbados is located in the western area of the North Atlantic. The island is 34 kilometres (21 mi) long and 23 kilometres (14 mi) wide. It has a small population of just over 270,000 people, but you’ll be interested to know that the world famous pop star Rihanna is a native of Barbados